Derwin for TAFF - the Natural Selection!

Om fanzines, fans, fanfonder och annat.

Derwin for TAFF - the Natural Selection!

Inläggav Sheriffen » sön 06 jan 2013, 15:27

1) Här är fanfonden TAFF:s hemsida. Kika på den:

http://taff.org.uk/

2) Och vad gäller årets race, så... Derwin for TAFF - the Natural Selection!

http://www.theresa-derwin.co.uk/blog/wp ... Jan-13.pdf

Kör hårt,
Sheriffen
Sheriffen
BNF

Re: Derwin for TAFF - the Natural Selection!

Inläggav Sheriffen » mån 07 jan 2013, 02:30

Det har redan flammat upp en debatt om Theresa Derwins TAFF-kandidatur. Theresa har blivit ifrågasatt och svarar i sitt nya TAFF-brev. Först citerar hon kritiken, sedan svarar hon. Låt mig framhålla att Theresa erbjöd mig att i sken av det inträffade dra tillbaka mitt stöd för henne i egenskap av en av dem som nominerat henne. Jag lät meddela att jag inte drar tillbaka något stöd, utan fortsatt står bakom henne helt och fullt.

Det hoppas jag att även ni gör när ni läst detta:

http://www.theresa-derwin.co.uk/blog/ta ... questions/

Kör hårt,
Sheriffen
Sheriffen
BNF

Re: Derwin for TAFF - the Natural Selection!

Inläggav Sheriffen » mån 07 jan 2013, 23:23

Här är vad jag har att säga om kontroversen kring Theresa Derwins TAFF-kandidatur, ursprungligen postat i FB-gruppen FAANEDS:

I would like to point something out here. In Europe, the debates about gender parity are running rife, so to speak, and for good reasons. And I do not, personally, feel that it is quite proper for men to sweepingly disregerad womens' experiences in these matters. I do not say that this has happened here; I am speaking in general terms. That said, I also feel that Theresa's first newsletter was, as is usually the case in these matters, taken a bit too seriously; come on, lighten up. She is a woman and she is not ashamed of being a woman and she has no reason to be ashamed of being a woman. I do concur with everything she says in her reply, but I also want to point out that she made a joke that had me in stitches, portraying herself as Charles Darwin (a man, mind you) and kicking off her campaign with the rallying cry, as I hope it will be, the Natural Selection. For me, this is pure fun and fannishness of a high order.

As one of the fans nominating Theresa for TAFF, I was very kindly asked by her if I wanted to back down in view of this controversy. I replied that I stand firmly behind her and that I do. Because, you see, I have met Theresa, at last year's NovaCon in Nottingham in England, and I can say, with quite a lot of emphasis, that she will be an absolutely brilliant ambassador for European fandom. She is witty, she is kind, she is intelligent, she is loads of fun to be around. And on top of that, although she does not believe so herself, she is very pretty. I would say that voting for Theresa is the Natural Selection, and she proved that already by being so fannishly witty in her first newsletter.

I stand firmly behind Theresa Derwin for TAFF. Vote for her.

Kör hårt,
Sheriffen
Sheriffen
BNF

Återgå till Fanzines, fans och fanac